Monday, July 11, 2011

The Dark of the Moon Across the Universe


Yet another Transformers film, and that means another two and a half hours of nonstop action. I guess that's cool if you like that sort of thing, but for me, I'd rather have a well put together film as well as screenplay with really moving actors. Transformers: Dark of the Moon pretty much was exactly what you could truly want in a film: decent actors and a well written screenplay, but what's with the destruction sequences that never end? You could have easily cut out around 30 to 45 minutes of the action sequence at the end, and you would have had probably one of the best films of the year! Nope.. too long and I couldn't wait for it to end. I guess I'm just not a big enough fan of the transformers story to want more action sequences.

Projectionist Grade: B



Across the Universe. A really incredible ode to the Beatles. Beautiful singers, beautiful people, and a beautiful way of creating the hard struggles in the 70's with the Vietnam War. To be completely honest, I never listened to the Beatles till I watched this film and got a hold of the great soundtrack that comes with it! I personally do not own this film, but it is now on my list to purchase. I had watched this film for the first time on DVD at my friend Arielle's around the time of its releasing but I had forgotten how great this movie really was. If you haven't seen it, give it a try and watch it. It's a bit on the strange side of film-making but really well put together.

Projectionist Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment